[squid-users] New to squid, setting up filtered internet

From: Rich Foster <rafoster@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 08:22:41 -0600

Hi there! Been reading the list for awhile now...

I am trying to set up a squid proxy to deny by default... any websites that
need
to be viewed by the company can then be added manually. The squid.conf file
is a
pretty complex looking beast and I don't want to bust anything before I even
get the
proxy off the ground... I was just wondering if anyone knew which are the
main
settings I am going to need to edit, and which I should definately leave
alone.

I don't want to have squid act as a cache, just allow or deny internet
traffic based
on final destination.