[squid-users] reporting problem

From: Kevin Ratcliffe <kevinr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 09:04:50 +0000

Hi Everybody

When I used to run squid (bundled) on my RH 6.2 system, I used a reporting
tool called squidsites to keep an eye on the most popular sites visited by
students. This worked great until I bit the bullet and backed up and
installed RH 7.3. I used the bundled version of squid on this system, but
am using the old squid.conf from backup. Squid and all the ACLs I had
defined work great, but the reports from the squidsites tool are not giving
me domain names, only IP addresses.

Am I correct in assuming that something in the logging is different in
newer versions? Or should I be using the squid.conf bundled with RH7.3?

Thanks for any reply

Kevin Ratcliffe
Bolton 6th Form College
UK