Re: [squid-users] Squid with ldap_auth

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 11:15:09 +0100

Mohsin Khan wrote:

> Can u pls tell me that where that i can
> find documentaion on squid with ldap_auth apart from
> squid tarbal and its manpage.

The Suqid tarball includes a quite extensive squid_ldap_auth manpage
describing both all command line options as well as several examples on
how to configure it with a number of different LDAP structures.

> Since yet i do not know that what
> parameters should my DC (Domain COntroler) will be
> needing , or what should be command sysntax to make it
> work.

Using the ldapsearch command or another LDAP tool to get familiar with
your LDAP server is a good start.

Without knowing your LDAP structure there is very little of the
squid_ldap_auth documentation that will make sense as the configuration
of squid_ldap_auth is 100% dependent on your LDAP structure.