Re: [squid-users] squidGuard Question

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 14:38:19 -0600

I get the feeling Miguel is trying to serve up a page stored on his
Squid server to browsers on his network using a file URL, without
realizing that the browser tries to find the file on the /local/
machine, not the Squid box.

Perhaps he is not, and has shared /var/squid out to his clients via some
network filesystem and that remote filesystem is mounted on /var/squid
on the client machines...

Miguel, just in case it hasn't been made clear: file: URLs cause the
browser to attempt to load an object from the local filesystem at the
path specified. file://var/squid/error.html requires that every client
have a copy of this file located at /var/squid/error.html.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.