Re: [squid-users] Squid and backup routes

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 00:35:11 +0100

Should work.

You could also do it based on network connectivity alone.. Instead of
monitoring the Squid log files, actively ping some equipment in the
ISP network and if the ping fails initiate a dial.

You may also need to figure out some method of detecting when/if the
ADSL line is restored and then shut down the dialup connection.