[squid-users] User base authentication

From: Mohsin Khan <aaghaz00@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 20:02:44 -0800 (PST)

A-o-a

      The criteria is that i want to intergrate my
squid with my PDC, using may be ldap_auth or msnt
auth.

         The question is , can we define user base
ACL's in squid, and if we do is it possible for squid
tio fetch those users form my Domain Controller and
give the rights according to the ACL's defined.

           I mean if once is user is logged in domain
, he do not need to supply password again in his
browser to get authenticated against squid. squid
check that if the reqest is coming form certain user,
( i do not know if any browser sents any headers
containing domain login passwd) than matches it
against the LDAP directory in domain and than against
the ACL's and give browsing rights or deny the
request.

           The main theme is that, if we use DHCP.
Than we could not implement ip based ACL's and it will
be not possible for user to give his password twice
first to get log in domain and than to browse(it
should be but policies do not allow).

            Can ldap_auth, or mstn auth perform all
this functionality, or any other way , or it is not
possible right now.

              Help needed.

=====
Regards,
Mohsin Khan
CCNA ( Cisco Certified Network Associate 2.0 )