Re: [squid-users] ACLs based on Time and LDAP groups

From: Michael Fuller / Hotmail <fullerms@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 10:25:09 +0530

Hello everybody,

I finally tracked down the problem. I have installed the NTP server daemon
on the server running squid. Due to some bug in RH 7.3, the NTP daemon sets
the local time zone to UTC. Our time zone is IST, 5 1/2 hours ahead of UTC.

So, acl permit_lunchtime time MTWHFA 14:30-15:00 was actually in UTC
translated to 20.00 - 20.30 in IST. I corrected the problem by changing the
acl to 09.00-09.30.(UTC again) Now, it works fine.

Moral of the story - Never put the NTPD daemon on a server using local time
for anything. I feel like an ass, but anyways thanks everybody for your
suppport :-)

Regards,
Michael Fuller