[squid-users] How do I know the cache peer is working

From: Wong, Sherman <shermanw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 16:41:03 +0800

Hi,

I have two squids-2.5 setting up side-by-side testing the cache-peer
function.

I have them setup as follows:

squid1 at loc1 being the parent:
In Squid1
acl loc2 xx.xx.xx.xx/24
icp_access allow all
cache_peer squid2 sibling 3128 3130 default ( I tried default and proxy-only
)
cache_peer_access squid2 allow loc2

In Squid2
acl loc1 yy.yy.yy.yy/24
icp_access allow all
cache_peer squid1 parent 3128 3130 default ( I tried default and proxy-only
)
cache_peer_access squid1 allow loc1

I observe the access.log using tail -f access.log in both squid

When I try browsing a new web using squid2,
I see a TCP_MISS of the new web but it goes direct after the MISS
and I don't see any thing occur in the parent squid's access log.
no signs of ICP_QUERY ...

I am suspecting that the cache peer is not working right.

Any comments??

By the way, what is use of dst_as # and src_as # ??
where is it defined ?? I read thru' the configure description and still
can't get
a clue how to use it.

Regards,
Sherman