Re: [squid-users] upgrading squid 2.5pre3 -> 2.5stable1 & thanks to the squid team

From: <jimholcomb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 12:58:58 -0500 (EST)

I'm going to second the thanks to the Squid team ...

Almost 3 weeks ago I went into the office on a Saturday to power down &
power back up 4 Win2K servers that were attached to a KVM that needed
resetting. That went well and I got greedy - figured I might as well
reboot the rest of the servers (6 more Win2K servers + 3 AS/400's). Only
problem I had was the server running MS Proxy 2.0 - proxy services
wouldn't start.

I'd been testing a Redhat 8.0 box with Squid on a spare box for a few
weeks already, so I just swapped IP addresses between the two. Back up
and running in no time at all.

Now, I work for a software company and there's a LOT of technical people
around (with Microsoft backgrounds) that have NO problem telling me how I
should do my job. Not a single negative comment about the change over,
and several positive ones. Many people probably haven't noticed there was
a change.

Thanks to everyone that has contributed to the Squid project.

Jim