Re: [squid-users] ACLs based on Time and LDAP groups

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 09:50:43 +0100 (CET)

If /etc/localtime gets corrupted then the TZ variable is not your cause.
TZ tells which timezone to use and if not set /etc/localtime will be used.

In your case you can probably use the TZ variable to try to isolate who is
crashing your /etc/localtime variable. If you think it is NTP then copy
your timezone file to a different name and set TZ to this name in the
init script for NTP.

You can do the same thing to Squid to protect Squid from a corruption of
/etc/localtime.