[squid-users] authentication on different ports ?

From: Heinz Ahrens <xf01070@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 10:35:09 +0100 (MET)

Hallo squid-users,

i have got a little problem with squid on different ports. Because of
ip-accounting i want to use squid on different ports, for example 8080, 8081 and
8082.

With the help of a proxy-pac my users use different ports on the same squid
and so i can make ip-accounting between the clients and the squid-server on
the router.
Ok, people can use their own configuration. Because of intranet- extranet-
and internet-services a own proxy.pac is quite difficult.

My problem is the authentication:

first i must authenticate. Thats no problem. If i surf to sites over the
other squid port i must authenticate again. Is it possible to solve the problem.
I use only one squid-process with different ports, not 2 squid systems on
one maschine.

Perhaps somebody can help me.

Greetings from Germany

  Heinz Ahrens