Re: [squid-users] squid cache_dir full 100%

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 14:23:30 +0100

Ahmad Khan wrote:

> I'm running Squid2.5 Stable 1 on Red Hat Linux 6.2 .
> my problem is that
> my Squid cache_dir full and now I will have to remove
> the directory and
> will create new directory and then again and again
> even I have sleceted
>
> store_dir_select_algorithm least-load
>
> store_dir_select_algorithm round-robin
>
> But the problem is same.
>
> /cache 4.8 GB
> /cache1 4.8 GB
> /cache2 2.9 GB
>
> some time /cache1 full some time /cache and I will
> have to remove all
> data and then again create all dir.
> I'm using diskd
> can any body help me regarding that.
>
> but one thing more I'm using refresh_pattren with all
> jpg and gif 95%
> uses is it happing due to refresh_pattren.??

 It depends what you mean by 'cache_dir is full'
 Is this the space allocated for particular cache_dir in squid.conf.
 Then there's nothing to worry about.
 Squid will use the available space , depending on , also the settings
of

 #Default:
# cache_swap_low 90
# cache_swap_high 95

 You may want to study the meaning of these parameters in
squid.conf.default,
 concerning the problems you are describing.

 If you mean by full, that you have file system problems
 (file system=full), then make sure that the specified
 cache_sizes in squid.conf (cache_dir statement) are in
 accordance with the 'space possibilities' of the particular
 file system(s) being used.

 M.