[squid-users] Multiple IP addresses or instances

From: Antonio Paulo Salgado Forster <aforster@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 15:32:56 -0200

Hello all,

      I've been searching the archives but the latest messages I found on
this subject are old, so I thought I might ask this on the list...

      I have a need to run a proxy to be used by several teams, but I want
them to use different external IP addresses. The two options I thought were
based on dual homed boxes using the following squid configuration, and I'd
like to know if that's possible on the latest versions of squid:

1) run different instances of squid, each one using one pair of
internal/external IP address
This situation would be prefered if we could run squid using the same disk
I/O process (diskd); If not, I could try to avoid duplicated objects by
configuring the instances as sibling to each other in spite of the CPU
overhead by

2) run only one instace but configured to work with pairs of IP addresses
(one internal and other external):
 1st pair: x.x.x.x/y.y.y.y 2nd pair: r.r.r.r/p.p.p.p
I dont know if 2.5 (or other new release) has this feature, where squid
would use the external address y.y.y.y when the internal address x.x.x.x
received the request, and p.p.p.p when the internal address r.r.r.r
received the request.

Any comments are appreciated.

Forster