[squid-users] different NTLM helpers

From: Ilia Chipitsine <ilia@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 00:16:28 +0500 (YEKT)

Dear Sirs,

as described in FAQ, winbind helper can be used in both Basic and NTLM
proxy-auth. it is also stated that Winbind itself doesn't operate well
with samba. on the other hand, there's another helpers which supposed to
understand NTLM. SMB, for instance.

so...

1) are Basic-SMB and NTLM-SMB the "same" helpers as there two winbind
helpers ? I looked through the code, they seem to be different.

2) is there a way of testing NTLM-SMB helper ?
I tried to install it, it doesn't work. At least for me. At least with
samba.

3) How much do I depend on winbind when using NTLM-SMB ?

4) is anybody using NTLM-SMB helper ??

Regards, (Наилучшие пожелания)
Ilia Chipitsine (Илья Шипицин)