Re: [squid-users] squid, kernel paging problem again !

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 03:45:02 -0600

Arindam Haldar wrote:

> hi all,
> on our slackware 8.1 (with kernel 2.4.19 with squid 2.5s1 iptables
> 1.2s7a & iproute ss-020116),i got the folowing message after which
> access to squid stopped(ps -aux still shows squid running)..
> the server is still running (i have removed the transparent proxy
> iptables commands)...
> this behaviour was noticed on RH7.3 too(message posted on sep19 2002)..
> i want to ask if its a kernel paging problem, is it due to some request
> from squid, which the kernel is unable to handle ?
> am not into programmings so need help how to stop this !

No application should be able to break a kernel. Your kernel or your
hardware is broken. This has nothing to do with Squid.

Since you say it happened with a different kernel and Linux
distribution, I'd guess you hardware is broken.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.