[squid-users] ncsa_auth user ID is case-sensitive

From: Tom Stanley <TomS@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 12:30:17 -0500

I am using ncsa_auth with squid. When I type my user ID and password in my
browser, the user ID is case-sensitive. I am going to use this to restrict
access for my kids, so being case-sensitive might be difficult for them. I
think they will type their password exactly as I give it to them, but they
probably won't be as careful with their name.

Is there a version of ncsa_auth that is not case-sensitive? I am not a C
programmer, but looking at the code, is there a way to make the hash_lookup
be case-insensitive?

Thanks.