RE: [squid-users] benefits of WCCP ?

From: Nigel Clarke <nigel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 16:20:03 -0800

WCCP v1 works, but it does not work well. I've used this protocol in Cisco
< -- > Cacheflow implementations, Foundry < -- > Cacheflow and
Cisco < -- > Cisco implementations.

In fact I was using this on a 7513 with a late model RSP. The problem is the
WCCP1 protocol. If you speak to Cisco, several engineers will just tell you
to upgrade to WCCP2.

Cisco made the protocol and they will tell you that it does not work well.
Well, that is what they told me.

--
Nigel Clarke                 Forever Networks
Network Security Engineer    Consultant