Re: [squid-users] authenticate_ttl not working

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 03:08:02 +0100

On Monday 09 December 2002 01.11, Lee, Jason wrote:
> I get prompted for a username/password everytime I open a browser
> even if it is within the authenticate_ttl time. Shouldn't my
> details be saved until after it times out, or is there another
> setting that I should use.

This is entirely up to the implementation of your browser.

As I said Squid prompts the browser for the login information on each
and every individual request (request = each of HTML content, inlined
image, linked documents, ...).

You never login or logout to Squid, you only provide correct user
credentials proving that you are who you are. If your browser do not
provide such credentials Squid will immediately reject the request
asking the browser to provide proper authentication credentials
proving the user identity.