[squid-users] NTLM - invalid callback data error

From: Jay Turner <jturner@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 11:23:52 +0800

Hi all,

I have had squid running fairly successfully the past five days with
NTLM running Squid-2.5STABLE1 & samba-2.2.7. / Winbind against an NT4 PDC.

That said a number of times now my test server has stop accepting requests
with the following listed in cache.log

2002/12/04 12:27:31| AuthenticateNTLMHandleReply: invalid callback
data. Releasing helper '0x823a050'.
2002/12/04 12:27:31| AuthenticateNTLMHandleReply: invalid callback
data. Releasing helper '0x823a050'.
2002/12/04 12:27:31| AuthenticateNTLMHandleReply: invalid callback
data. Releasing helper '0x823c0f0'.
2002/12/04 14:15:40| AuthenticateNTLMHandleReply: invalid callback
data. Releasing helper '0x823a050'.
2002/12/04 14:19:30| AuthenticateNTLMHandleReply: invalid callback
data. Releasing helper '0x823a050'.
2002/12/04 14:55:45| AuthenticateNTLMHandleReply: invalid callback
data. Releasing helper '0x823a050'.

I have searched the archives and only one other person mentioned this
error and it was in not the same context as my error. In my case
everything is working fine, then it stops. I usually have to issue a
'squid -k shutdown' or failing that kill the squid process and
restart. Occasionally I have to bounce the entire machine.
Once restarted it appears fine again.

My test bed is a Celeron 500, 256Mb, RH 7.3, 2.4.18-3

Can anyone provide some insight into this please? What is causing
this?

I am starting squid with 'squid -D'

Thanks in advance

Regards
Jay

NOTICE - This message contains information intended only
for the use of the addressee named above. It may also be
confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient of this message you are hereby notified that you must
not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it.
All care has been taken to ensure that this message and any
attachments are virus free although BSIS accepts no
responsibility for any virus infections caused by receipt
of this message.
If you have received this message in error please notify
postmaster@bsis.com.au