Re: [squid-users] which is better..

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 09:21:36 +0100

Arindam Haldar wrote:

> hi all,
>
> i want to ask if this is true...
> using a transparent proxy (port redirection) is _NOT_GOOD_ as browser or
> client configuration to use squid port ?

 I do not understand that question.

> having a browser configuration enhance the performance(speed) ?
> is it true coz the squid server is doing a little extra in port
> redirection in &/or as transparent proxy therefore the performance
> change is noticable for a busy squid server ??
>
> thanx in advance...
> A.H

 Basically it can be debated, but my opinion is to avoid
 transp. proxying, it breaks the client server model at ip level, which
 can sometimes have an influence on http and web application(s).

 M.

--
 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM