Re: [squid-users] Error 401.2 with OWA

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 10 Dec 2002 13:14:02 +0100

tis 2002-12-10 klockan 12.58 skrev Marcel Hauser:
> Quoting Henrik Nordstrom <hno@marasystems.com>:
>
> > Note: The reverse-proxy extensions is currently only available for
> > "Squid-2.6" which unfortunately is not very stable at the moment (and it
> > is uncertain if there will be a Squid-2.6 release. focus is now on
> > Squid-3). Hope to have the most important reverse-proxy extensions
>
> :) ok... just to make sure i've got it right: It's currently not possible to
> use squid (stable) as a "frontend/reverse proxy" to owa with SSL encryption?!

Not without the SSL update patch as you need to either use the custom
header for telling that you run SSL on the frontend, or have the
requests forwarded using SSL to your OWA server (both methods are
supported by the SSL update).

It SHOULD be possible with the SSL update patch, but I have not tested
this without additional related extensions found in the reverse-proxy
patch to allow forwarding to HTTP/1.0 origin servers via cache_peer. But
assuming the IIS/OWA server complies with HTTP/1.1 and accepts requests
using full URLs this extension from the reverse-proxy patch should not
be needed.