RE: [squid-users] Error 401.2 with OWA

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 10 Dec 2002 14:39:57 +0100

Are you using SSL?

There is no problem with OWA reverse proxying when not using SSL, except
that if you are using Squid-2.4 then you may need to add a few
extension_methods to squid.conf.

However, in both cases OWA is very sensitive to host names. The URL
forwarded by Squid to your OWA needs to be the exact same as requested
by your clients or else your OWA will render wrong URLs using the
information OWA thinks is the correct hostname and not the name
requested by your clients.

If you use Squid as an SSL frontend to OWA and forwarding the requests
to OWA using plain http then OWA needs to know about this via the
discussed custom HTTP header, or else it will render links using the
wrong protocol (http:// instead of https://), simply because it does not
know that there is a SSL frontend converting the requests from https to
http.

Not sure about OWA versions involved, but I guess the version we have
looked at is 2k version of some kind. Not our server, running at a
customer.