Re: [squid-users] TCP_DENIED! why are they

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 10 Dec 2002 17:22:08 +0100

If you are using the ntlm authentication scheme then there will be two
TCP_DENIED/407 entries per new TCP connection from the client. This is
due to design of the NTLM authentication scheme. For details see
http://devel.squid-cache.org/ntlm/

Similarily, if you are using the digest authentication scheme then there
will be a TCP_DENIED/407 message when the nounce expires or has been
used up (see auth_param digest parameters).

For basic authentication there generally only is TCP_DENIED/407 messages
at the start of a browsing session, before the user has logged in to his
browser.