Re: [squid-users] multiple outgoing addresses in tcp_outgoing_address per ACL

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 10 Dec 2002 17:30:48 +0100

As you probably have noticed this is not something supported by Squid
out of the box.

To have this you need to extend Squid with the functionality of randomly
assigning IP addresses to clients.

Things you need to consider before starting implementing such thing is

 How to select address:

   a) Should the address be assigned randomly per request
   b) or sticky per client, making the same client use the same address
for all request.

 If 'b'. What defines a "client".

 'b' is probably strongly preferred due to the amount of dumb web
applications out on the net who fails to understand that users may come
from multiple different IP addresses during the same session..

 If you can implement this yourself, or need help from others in doing
the actual implementation within Squid.

Finding the correct spots where to add this based on the where the
existing tcp_outgoing_address directive is implemented should not be too
hard I think, provided the information you need for identifying a
"client" is readily available there.