Re: [squid-users] Squid and OWA again

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 00:12:40 +0100

OWA needs to EITHER accept the requests using SSL, or see the custom
header added by the SSL frontend instructing OWA that there is a SSL
frontend.

Note that to do any of the two you need the SSL update (or hack Squid
to add the header), as standard Squid-2.5 does not support EITHER of
forwarding requests using SSL to the backend server or adding the
custom header telling OWA that there is a SSL frontend server taking
care of the SSL part..

Rewriting URLs in attempts to fool OWA does not work. For OWA to work
it needs to have a 100% clear understanding of which URL the client
is requesting, including which protocol the client is using (http or
https), hostname, the exact urlpath, everything.