RE: [squid-users] Time restrictions

From: Rick Matthews <RedHat.Linux@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 06:37:21 -0600

Michael Fuller wrote:

> Is it possible to construct ACL's based on Time Quotas ? Like one
> hour per day between 10.00 to 17.00 Hrs Monday to Friday. I know
> that this is stretching it a bit, but we have such a requirement.

If you decide to use a redirector, squidGuard has that capability:

Userquota:

<sporadic> if a request comes within the number of seconds given in
the sporadic field the remaining time of the user will decrease.

<renew> can be hourly|dayly|weekly|seconds.

userquota 3600 60 14400, gives the user one hour surfing every 4th
hour. If a user have a pause for more than a minute, the used timed
does not increase.

userquota 3600 0 14400, gives the user one hour surfing every 4th hour.

userquota 3600 0 daily gives the user one hour surfing a day.

(From http://ftp.teledanmark.no/pub/www/proxy/squidGuard/CHANGELOG)

The time of day restrictions are covered here:
http://www.squidguard.org/config/#Timespace