[squid-users] Download problem with proxy chain

From: Dr. Heiko Ploehn <ploehn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 21:11:52 +0100

Hi,

I have a strange pronlem with proxy-chain. I have the following system:
Using Squid2.3Stable5
Browser -> squid -> Virusscanner1 -> Virusscanner2 -> Web-Server

If I try to download big files, let's say bigger then 10Mbytes the download starts and completes after a time, but often the files are truncated.

If I avoid using squid in this chain everything works ok.

Problems seems to stem from the fact that each of the virusscanner has to retrieve the total file and scan it before it delivers it to the downstream proxy.

To avoid timeout-problems, virusscanner1 sends 5 byte of the file for every retrieved 32kbyte, while virusscanner2 sends every second 1kbyte. This results in a very low bandwith seen by the squid-proxy. We suspect that after some time squid decides to cancel the download.

Is there anybody, who can help me?

Thanks in advance

Heiko Ploehn