Re: [squid-users] LDAP & Novell

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 01:42:46 +0100

No it won't.

squid_ldap_auth by default does not search, but uses the "user"
attribute as last component of the DN. What this means is that
squid_ldap_auth will try to log in to the DN

   uid=john,ou=boss,o=Alpha

which quite obviously is not the same DN as returned in your
ldapsearch

   cn=john,ou=boss,o=Alpha

To make squid_ldap_auth search for the users DN you must use the -f
argument.

But if all your users are in a single flat tree and you want to use
the last component of the user DN as login name then you do not need
to search, only make sure that the -u argument specifies the correct
attribute name (defaults to uid).