[squid-users] max http request squid can handle ??

From: Arindam Haldar <arindam@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:26:40 +0530

hi all,

how can we calculate this--> max request squid can handle in a linux box ?

am asking this coz i see that our linux box generates this kernel paging
error(submitted to this mailing list earlier on 10th nov 2002). i have
been trying to figure out the point where it crashes & the last i could
collect statistic thru the command-->squidclient mgr:info is -->

         Average HTTP requests per minute since start: 629.7
         Average ICP messages per minute since start: 411.3

ours is a transparent proxy & we have studied it in both in transparent
proxy mode as well as no proxy mode.. when there is no proxy this linux
box doesnt crashes _AT_ALL_ ..
any suggestions to the above are welcome...

thanking in advance..
A.H