Re: [squid-users] authentication

From: Jakob Curdes <jc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 15:35:56 +0100

This is covered in detail in the squid users guide and the FAQ :
10.18 How can I allow some users to use the cache at specific times?

acl USER1 proxy_auth Dick
acl USER2 proxy_auth Jane
acl DAY time 06:00-18:00
http_access allow USER1 DAY
http_access deny USER1
http_access allow USER2 !DAY
http_access deny USER2

(example from the FAQ)

If you havbe many users it is easier to keep the usernames in a separate
file.
You just have to figure out how to read the usernames for the restricted
group from a file.
There is an example in the documentation also for this case :

Example 6-6.
acl myNets src "/usr/local/squid/conf/data/myNets"
(..) rest does not apply to this case.

(squid users guide)

Putting this together should not be too complicated if you experiment a bit.

Hope this helps,
Jakob Curdes