Re: RES: [squid-users] username on access denied error page

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 12 Dec 2002 16:00:21 +0100

Exactly what I say.

You need to have Squid extended to support having the username returned
in error pages. This function is not available in Squid as-is.

Squid is not a fixed piece of software that never changes. Squid
constantly gets improved by users having needs and making sure their
needs are satisfied.

As Squid is Open Source you have the full powers of making mostly any
demand you have a reality. Only a matter of finding the correct manhours
needed to make the extension you need. These manhours can be your own if
you are not scared of programming, or a hired programmer.

There is several Squid programmers available for hire by hour if you
need help with improving Squid.

The license also allows you to share your result with others, and if
enough people do this all wins on the deal as you get back more than you
paid for, and so do all others (quite unlike those chain letters where
only a few benefits and all other looses). And if done good enough
chances are high your extensions may be included in future Squid
versions relieving you from the task of updating it for each new version
you use, allowing you to save even more.

Note: To protect this freedom the GPL license also forces you to share
your extensions with your users if you sell modified versions of Squid.
This property insures that Squid will continue to improve but can also
sometimes hinder new developments, but over all it is for the good.

Regard
sHenrik