[squid-users] Unable To Setup arp-acl ( MAC Address Based Access Control )

From: <sbiswas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 16:26:25 +0530

Dear Squid Users

We are using Squid 2.4 Stable -1 over Mandrake Linux 8.1 and it's working
fine when we given IP based ACL or user / password based. Now we want to
setup MAC Address based ACL i.e. arp-acl which we unable to setup.

We have downloaded latest version of squid from net and tried to
re-compile the same using this command -

./configure --enable-arp-acl ....
Make clean
Make

But we are unable to run the new squid.

Can any one help us hat we have to do step by step.

Thanks

S. Biswas
IOCL, Guwahati
INDIA.

This electronic communication and any accompanying document is being
transmitted over the Indian Oil Network and contains confidential
information that is for the exclusive use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and is protected against unauthorised disclosure. If
the reader of this message is not the intended receipient or the employee or
agent responsible to deliver to the intended receipient, or is not intended
to act on it, be aware that any disclosure, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this communication, or the use of its contents is prohibited and
is likely to be attended by legal consequences. If you have received this
communication in error and/or are not the intended receipient, please
immediately notify the undersigned or Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. at the
telephone or the fax number or email address given above and permanently
delete the original message from your email system. Whilst this mail has
been checked for all the known viruses, recipients should undertake their
own virus checking as Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. will not accept any
liability whatsoever