Re: [squid-users] Time restrictions

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 22:05:34 +0100

On Friday 13 December 2002 12.32, Michael Fuller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > Possibly. There is both a native radius helper to Squid
> > available, and you should also be able to use PAM for that
> > purpose.
>
> I have the squid 2.5 stable 1 source tree, but I don't see anything
> connected with RADIUS there.

It is because the radius helper has not been included in the Squid
distribution.

See http://www.squid-cache.org/related-software.html

> > Unknown. There is no session equivalence in HTTP. The proxy just
> > verifies that the password is valid every auth param ttl.
>
> Yes, I think this will not work for two reasons. One, squid is not
> going to send accounting packets to RADIUS. Second, squid cannot
> forcibly disconnect a user as you had mentioned.

Disconnect the user from using Squid it can. The granulatiry is the
ttl set in squid.conf, both when using authenitcation or
authorisation as method of denying the user.

The main issue is to somehom know when the user should be kicked out.
I.e. where and how to keep track of time.