[squid-users] INVALID URL ERROR (need help)

From: DV <webmaster@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 17:17:26 +0200

Hello.
I am a new user of squid and I have a strange error.

I use RedHat Linux 7.3 and SQUID 2.4 Stable 7.
Squid is listening on port 88 and I use iptabes to redirect queries from my
local LAN port 80 to server port 88 : iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p
tcp -I eth1 --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 88.
Now when I activate that rule I get this error (lets say I want this url:
http://www.gameszone.ro/getserver.php3?gtype=hls&ip=games3.kappa.ro) :

ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL:
/getserver.php3?gtype=hls&ip=games3.kappa.ro
The following error was encountered:
Invalid URL
Some aspect of the requested URL is incorrect. Possible problems:
Missing or incorrect access protocol (should be `http://'' or similar)
Missing hostname
Illegal double-escape in the URL-Path
Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed
Your cache administrator is webmaster@cubu.ro.

Generated Sun, 15 Dec 2002 14:57:33 GMT by SquidCache.CUBU.RO
(Squid/2.4.STABLE7)

It just looses the first part of the address.
If I set IE to use a proxy server server:88 everything is OK and I can see
in the squid logs that it caches the sites I visit.
I have no idea where this error came from. This is my second Linux install
and the first time everything was OK with the exact same settings.
Help would be appreciated.