Re: [squid-users] slow

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:01:32 +0100

"Philippe Dhont (Sea-ro)" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I use squid 2.5 and i have the feeling that it's working slower and
> slower....

 What timeframes are you talking about, days, hours, ... ?

> A lot of access is configured with ARP and IP access.
> I also use standard blocked files (so a couple of thousand sites are
> blocked. Porn etc...)
> When i surf from my squid computer directly on the internet, is goes much
> faster.
> How can i get it faster ?
> Is it the cache maybe ??

  Can you tell us something about the hardware being used ?
  Box type ?
  OS/ Version ?

  Physical memory ?

  Cache size configured in SQUID ?

  Also watch for errors or strange entries in cache.log ?

  M.

--
 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM