Re: [squid-users] slow

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:39:15 +0100

"Philippe Dhont (Sea-ro)" wrote:

> Hardware is a recent Pentium4 with 512MB ram, it's fast enough.

  That statement is by definition 'undefined'.
  Concerning,for instance, how many http reqs/sec
  is SQUID serving during production usage ?

  What about the OS/version being used ?

> Cache is 300MB
> Cache.log, can't find it on the system.
> I searched for it last week but it doesn't exist on the system, no idea why
> not.

  Should be there, and it is an important file concerning analyzing
  possible problems with SQUID.
  Not that this file belongs to SQUID and should be in the .../logs
  directory with respect to any PREFIX given , when squid
  was 'configured'.

  M.