RE: [squid-users] blocking windows pop up..

From: <sean.upton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 09:49:58 -0800

This is likely too much heavy lifting for a proxy because it involves
looking at page content to determine if the request is in fact a pop-up.
This would be possible (by having Squid pass the url off to a redirector
that evaluated page data or metadata with an HTTP client), but a lot of
work, would be slow, and would require a lot of maintenance.

A browser that optionally blocks "unrequested windows" aka pop-ups (i.e.
Mozilla) is a better solution.

Sean