Re: [squid-users] LDAP & Novell

From: Tim Bernhardson <TBERNHAR@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 08:26:20 -0800

Yes, We are running an SSL enabled ldap server.

The connection starts then fails (the message on the Novell Server is - SSL handshare failed, Error -25

I've looked up what documentation I can find and error # 25 is not listed...

I did export the Root cert from Novell (and convert it from DER to PEM), and add the line CAPath=<directory> to the ldap.conf file.

When I have a chance today I will be placing a question about the 25 error on one of the Novell Forums to see if anyone there has an idea.

Tim
>>> "Dan Cave" <mogul@totalise.co.uk> 12/17/02 03:16AM >>>
Tim,

Is you Novell NDS server running an SSL enabled ldap server? you need to
make sure that any connections between your squid box and novell server
must be ssl'd (if that's what you want to achieve, otherwise normal )

Does your squid server have a valid ssl certificate?

try doing a strace/lsof/ptrace of your squid process to see whats going on
when you try and connect to the novell box.. that'll point you in the right
direction.

dan