Re: [squid-users] Selecting source port on squid's requests

From: Andrei Boros <andrix@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 01:30:29 +0200

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Andrei Boros wrote:
> >
> > How can I configure squid with acl based source port ranges for the
> > requests squid makes to origin servers?
>
> By first having someone implement the feature for you. Today Squid fully
> relies on the OS to assign suitable ports when making the connection.
Oh. Well, unless I find another way to do it, this being a last resort,
I'd still try to do it myself first. Maybe I manage (?)

> In which case you almost certainly uses different IP addresses at least
> after the firewall, in which case tcp_outgoing_address can do the job
> very nicely.

Assuming this, how can I couple an acl with tcp_outgoing_address?
I've seen the acl name myip, but AFAIK this refers to the ip defined by
http_port to which the client connected...

Still, the issue remains when having to control 2 different classes of
traffic going out the same isp.

> You should also be able to use ToS for the job. Does not require
> multiple IP addresses on the proxy.
Then I must definitely upgrade my 2.3 to 2.5. Yes, thank you, this is an
excellent idea.
acl name_x tos tos_value
right?

Going to get the source right now.

Thank you.

--
Choose not to choose! Let Micro$oft do it for you!
Or... the Penguin shall set you free...