Re: [squid-users] 411 error with squid2.5.STABLE1

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 01:42:23 +0100

I cannot give a timeframe at this time on when Suqid will become
HTTP/1.1 compliant.

Chances are that Squid-3 will be at least conditionally HTTP/1.1
compliant, but no promise unless someone actively sponsors such
effort.

Squid since many versions back supports HTTP/1.0 persistent
connections via the Keep-Alive connection header, slightly different
from HTTP/1.1 persistent connections where it is the default.

Have removed the misleading HTTP/1.1 references from the persistent
connection references in the FAQ.