Re: [squid-users] Still slow ==> not slow anymore

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 11:18:02 +0100

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> On Wednesday 18 December 2002 10.49, Marc Elsen wrote:
> > "Philippe Dhont (Sea-ro)" wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > The squid is working very fast again, i think that the problem
> > > was dns In my resolv.conf i had a local nameserver above in the
> > > list so the squid was probably trying that one first, right ?
> >
> > I believe so, cachemgr -> 'DNS stats' will point out to you
> > which DNS server is getting the most requests.
>
> When using dnsserver the first listed usually receives most requests.
> Depends a little on your systems DNS resolver library.
>
> When using the internal DNS client (default for Squid-2.4 and later)
> Squid round-robins over all the specified DNS servers.

 Hmm, I doubt this statement, I am on 2.5S1 with internal DNS client,
 here are my current DNS stats :

Nameservers:
IP ADDRESS # QUERIES # REPLIES
--------------- --------- ---------
10.1.1.12 44838 44808
193.190.198.10 138 89
193.190.198.2 83 49
193.190.182.35 59 12
134.58.126.3 47 5
134.58.127.1 29 4

 Now, 10.1.1.12 (don't worry) is my first specified DNS server in
/etc/resolv.conf.
 So clearly it's getting most of the work.

 M.

--
 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM