Re: [squid-users] GET & POST Methods acl question

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:10:30 +0100

Arindam Haldar wrote:

> hi all,
> i want to allow our users to use the squid cache as _GET_ only..
> squid should'nt use _POST_ for users & users have to use _POST_ directly
> without getting any _POST_ denied errors from squid !
>
> i want guidance how to use acl for the above..
> thanking in advance...

 As you say, you can have acl statements to deny post requests
 in squid.conf.

 You can not make a configuration whereby post is handled directly
 by the browser if a http proxy (SQUID) is being used
 in the proxy configuration.
 Any HTTP method will be forwarded to the proxy.

 At any time , POST requests will then be handled by the proxy,
 so denying them must dealed with using the proxy setup.
 In this case, the squid configuration file.

 M.

--
 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM