Re: [squid-users] ldap

From: Dan Cave <mogul@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 14:55:45 -0000

Thomas,

I believe that you need to compile basic ldap support into squid using the
following

compile --enable-ldap --enable-ldap-authentication {config to that sort of
thing.. my net access is down atm, so you'll need to check the faq/howto }

There is more relevant information in the squid faq...

Also, it might help if you can do basic ldap authentication using the
openldap "ldapsearch" tool

ldapsearch -h ldapserver "userx"
{{{ returns ldap user information }}}

Then again, knowing MS Active directory, it might barf up.. I know a few ppl
who've had auth problems with active directory...

Dan.