Re: [squid-users] Request Timed out.

From: Manjunath H N <manjunath@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:38:20 +0530

From: DAVID,Anthony <anthony.david@dewr.gov.au>
To: Manjunath H N <manjunath@iwavesystems.com>;
<squid-users@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 10:21 AM
> Hi
>
> Sending and ICMP request to confirm a TCP connection is of limited
> value.
>
> You'd be better off telnetting to port 80 and issuing an
> apporpriate GET / HTTP/1.0 request.

Telnetting to that port can be blocked on their firewall so this option
cannot be used for all sites.
Well Anyway I tried that, it says connection to host lost & how to issue
GET/HTTP/1.0 request.

Well the site can be accessed in other places. I checked with a few of my
friends in other companies, but only my proxy is giving this error.

-- Manjunath H N

DISCLAIMER:

This e-mail and any attachment (s) is for authorised use by the intended recipient (s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to the legal privilege of iWave Systems Technologies Private Limited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from retaining, using, copying, alerting or disclosing the content of this message. Thank you for your co-operation.