Re: [squid-users] Request Timed out.

From: Gambhisana RajKumari <calcutta@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 12:30:42 +0530

Hai Manjunath,

I m just pasting a portion from
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-14.html#ss14.5 ,

"Can't connect to some sites through Squid"

When using Squid, some sites may give erorrs such as ``(111) Connection
refused'' or ``(110) Connection timed out'' although these sites work fine
without going through Squid.

Some versions of linux implement Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) and
this can cause some TCP connections to fail when contacting some sites with
broken firewalls or broken TCP/IP implementations.

To work around such broken sites you can disable ECN with the following
command:
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn

Do check out this option too .

Regards