[squid-users] NCSA Auth

From: Prabu Subroto <prabusubroto@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 04:35:36 -0800 (PST)

Dear my friend. I want to make my squid server
authenticate the user who want to surf in internet
with NCSA. But I don't know where I can find the NCSA
Authenticate Program. I found this lines in
"/etc/squid/squid.conf". I tried to follow the
instruction jumping over to "../auth_modules/NCSA".
But there is no such directory in my SuSE Linux 8.1 .

I know htpasswd, is it also NCSA ? Should I do like
this :
"
authenticate_program /usr/bin/ncsa_auth
/usr/etc/passwd
" ?

Anybody would be so kind to help me ?

# TAG: authenticate_program
# Specify the command for the external
authenticator. Such a
# program reads a line containing "username
password" and replies
# "OK" or "ERR" in an endless loop. If you use
an authenticator,
# make sure you have 1 acl of type proxy_auth.
By default, the
# authenticator_program is not used.
#
# If you want to use the traditional proxy
authentication,
# jump over to the ../auth_modules/NCSA
directory and
# type: