Re: [squid-users] NT_Local_Group instead of NT_Global_Group

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 14:25:16 +0100

Hi,

Il 13.36 24/12/2002 jjensen@c1data.com ha scritto:
>Hi all, do you suppose there is any hope of winbind_group doing local
>instead of global groups? After all the correct way to grant access to
>resources is via local groups and local groups have nothing in them but
>global groups including global groups from trusted domains.

NO, as an ordinary Windows NT system, samba doesn't recognize Domain Local
Groups. Remember that the visibility scope of Domain Local Groups is
limited to Domain Controllers.
For Active Directory Local Groups, we must wait for Samba 3.0.

Regards

Guido.

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
E-mail: guido.serassio@serassio.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it