Re: [squid-users] host name

From: Lieven Marchand <lieven.marchand@dont-contact.us>
Date: 24 Dec 2002 14:52:21 +0100

Shahin Hacikuliev <squid@gateway.ege.edu.tr> writes:

> Hi list,
> I have a problem with name resolving...
> my squid is squid.mydomain.edu and there are
> some subdomains foo.mydomain.edu and so on
> when I type shahin.mydomain.edu there is no problem
> but when I try shahin only there is a problem
> The requsted URL couldnt be retrieved
> unable to determine IP address from host name for shahin
> Name error: The domain name doesnt not exist.
> And there is no problem when I disable proxy setting.
> Must I make some custom changes in squid.conf

# TAG: append_domain
# Appends local domain name to hostnames without any dots in
# them. append_domain must begin with a period.
#
# Be warned that there today is Internet names with no dots in
# them using only top-domain names, so setting this may
# cause some Internet sites to become unavailable.
#
#Example:
# append_domain .yourdomain.com
#
#Default:
# none

Alternatively, put them in /etc/hosts or use an external resolver and
configure that to use a search list.

--
Never argue with a fool in public. People might not see the difference.