[squid-users] DNS error (need help)

From: Valentin Deltov <webmaster@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 04:07:20 +0200

Hi.
I have SQUID 2.4 stable 7 on a RedHat Linux 7.3.
I am redirecting all the requests from the lan to the SQUID with iptables.
I always get an error when i load a web page saying that the domain name
does not exists.
If i set IE to use a proxy server everything is OK.
I have a DNS server on the linux machine and its working OK because it
serves all my lan and i got no problems with it.
I would realy appreciate some help.

Here is the error I get:

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://mail.yahoo.com/
The following error was encountered:
Unable to determine IP address from host name for mail.yahoo.com
The dnsserver returned:
Name Error: The domain name does not exist.
This means that:
 The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.
 Check if the address is correct.

Your cache administrator is webmaster@cubu.ro.

Generated Tue, 24 Dec 2002 18:05:02 GMT by SquidCache.CUBU.RO
(Squid/2.4.STABLE7)