Re: [squid-users] mem pool problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 14:33:30 +0100

MASOOD AHMAD wrote:

> Hi all, I'm running Squid2.5 Stable1 on Red Hat Linux
> 6.2. I have 10 GB Cache and 512 MB RAM. I'm using
> diskd file system for my cache dir. I'm seening here
> that my mem pool in minus. can any one explain y?

For the "Total accounted: -1 KB" issue see the known bugs page. The
correct value can be found in the memory statistics page showing all the
pools and their usage.

For the "memPoolAlloc/Free calls:" issue my guess is that your Squid has
simply been running for "too long" causing these counters to wrap
around. Alternatively if you run Squid on a 64 bit platform such as
Alpha or UltraSPARC then there may be a formatting error in how these
values are displayed.

There is most likley no reason to worry.